We are committed to protecting the privacy of our visitors and customers (“you”, “your” ). When you use our website www.thewholehoof.com (the “TWH website”), we require certain information to be provided by you to process your order and give you the best experience possible on the TWH website.
Who are we?
We are  Limited trading as The Whole Hoof (“TWH”, “we”, “our”, “us”), with a registered address of 255 Green Lanes, London N13 4XE.
If you have concerns about how your data is processed by us, please email our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
What information do we collect?
When you order from the TWH website, we collect details of the following types of personal data:
- your name,
- e-mail address,
- delivery address,
- billing address and
- a contact phone number for the billing address of the credit or debit card. Your payment details (credit and debit card number) are collected directly by our third party payment providers. We do not collect or store any payment data.
We use Stripe and PayPal as payment processors. If you want to see how they process your personal data and comply with privacy requirements you can see Stripe’s Privacy Shield policy here: https://stripe.com/privacy-shield-policy and their certification can be viewed here: https://www.privacyshield.gov/stripe. PayPal’s privacy notice can be viewed here: https://www.paypal.com/en/privacy-full
Why do we collect YOUR data?
We collect personal information for the following purposes:
- fulfilling our contract of sale with you,
- to ensure your order is delivered to you in a timely manner,
- giving you the best experience we can by shopping at the TWH website,
- responding to your enquiries and managing support questions,
- complying with any legal obligations on our business, and
- helping us operate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; enhancing and improving our services; managing our communications; analysing our products and customer base; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions).
Who do we share your personal information With?
Your personal information may be shared with third parties in certain circumstances:
Our service providers
We may use other companies, agents or contractors to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with the provision of the TWH products to you. We may share personal information with the following categories of service provider:
• infrastructure and IT service providers;
• external auditors and advisers; or
• other parties with whom it is necessary to or we are authorised to disclose such information with.
However, we will only provide our service providers with personal information that is necessary for them to perform their services.
With third parties if required by law
We may be required to disclose or share your personal information to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
With third parties connected with any business transfer
We reserve the right to pass on your personal data if we are selling our business but only if the receiving party agrees to treat your personal information in a manner consistent with this Privacy Notice.
We may also collect anonymised details about visitors to the TWH Website for the purposes of aggregating statistics and usage. However, no single individual will be identifiable from the anonymised details we collect for these purposes.
We do not sell your personal data to third parties.
Where a password enables you to access certain parts of the TWH website such as your TWH Account, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone and to tell us immediately if you suspect your account has been compromised.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the TWH website and any transmission is at your own risk.
Do we use your personal information for direct marketing?
We will only use your information with your consent when we send you marketing materials by email, text or post, depending on your marketing preferences. You can opt out at any time by contacting us as described below. When we send you communications by email or other electronic means, we’ll always give you the option to unsubscribe in the message itself.
WHAT ARE your rights in relation to your personal data?
You have the following rights available to you in respect of the personal information we hold about you:
- Access. You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we are processing about you. We may require you to prove your identity before providing the requested information.
- Rectification. You have the right to have incomplete or inaccurate personal information that we process about you rectified.
- Deletion. You have the right to request that we delete personal information that we process about you, except we are not obliged to do so if we need to retain such data to comply with a legal obligation or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
- Restriction. You have the right to restrict our processing of your personal information where you believe such data to be inaccurate; our processing is unlawful; or that we no longer need to process such data for a purpose unless we are not able to delete the data due to a legal or other obligation.
- Portability. You have the right to obtain personal information we hold about you, in a structured, electronic format, and to transmit such data to another data controller, where this is (a) personal information which you have provided to us, and (b) if we are processing that data based on your consent or to perform a contract with you.
- Objection. Where the legal justification for our processing of your personal information is our legitimate interest, including the profiling we undertake to send you personalised offers, product recommendations and similar content, you have the right to object to such processing on grounds relating to your situation.
- Withdrawing Consent. If you have consented to our processing of your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, free of charge. This includes cases where you wish to opt out from marketing messages that you receive from us.
You can make a request to exercise any of these rights in relation to your personal information by sending the request to:
The Data Protection Officer: PO BOX 399, Hitchin, Herts. SG5 9FB
Your right to complain
If you have concerns about how we process your data, your initial contact should be with our Data Protection Officer (details above). If you are not satisfied with the outcome, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office via their website at www.ico.org/concerns or write to them at:
Information Commissioner’s Office